Welcome to The Purpose Post!

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What would you do if money was no object?


Welcome to my exciting new blog, The Purpose Post! This will replace my former blogsite Speak with Purpose. Don't worry, I am still doing speech and audition coaching. But as Darrin and I begin to expand our business, I decided that I needed to have a name that was more inclusive of all the coaching services I am offering.

I am so happy that you have stopped by for a chat. This is meant to be a fun and motivational site, so I want to hear from you.

In order to get some comments going, take a look at the question at the top of the page. What do you think about it? How would you answer it? There's only one rule: It must be for yourself. No fair saying, "I'd pay off my house", or "Send my kids to college." We know that you'd do all those things if money was no object. I mean, we're women!!

This question is to encourage you to think about YOUR dreams. Even if it is something that is no longer possible to you due to health or other concerns, just thinking about your no-holds-barred dream can point your way to things you CAN do. It's all about those baby-steps.

I can't wait to hear your answers.

Smiles and Blessings,
Sharon

p.s. Remember, yesterday is history. Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is the gift. And that is why it's called The Present.

3 comments:

Busy Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Busy Bee said...

If time, money and talent were unlimited, I would train our mini dachshund to be a pet therapy dog and we would visit children’s hospitals. There is a special place in my heart for children who are battling illnesses as I was in between kidney infections for the first 12 years of my life due to a urological anomaly.

By the time I was 10, I had two major surgeries and long hospital stays. Back in the day, hospitals had restrictions on visiting hours and at times my own mother and father were not allowed to be by my bedside. My older sister was denied visiting me altogether until I was able to get out of a hospital bed and meet her in a separate area of the hospital.

I felt isolated, sad and lonely during my hospital stays and although times have changed, there is something very special about a dog’s ability to cheer and comfort people struggling with health issues, isolation or abuse.

Lucky is the perfect dog for such a mission. She is small (under 8 lbs.) and able to fit in hospital beds or wheel chairs. Lucky has a sweet, gentle disposition and there is no place she would rather be than on someone’s lap. She will sit there for hours and we lovingly refer to her as the “canine wart” because of the way she attaches herself to people.

But the dream doesn’t stop there. I envision writing a book from Lucky’s encounters with the children she befriends. Her book would be called “Lucky Dog” and would become a best-seller. The proceeds from “Lucky Dog” would be donated to children’s hospitals in an effort to help children and the families who love them triumph over serious childhood illnesses.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Blog!
I'm looking forward to reading more.

About Me

My photo
San Antonio, Texas
I am a certified life coach and would love to help you discover and live your life's purpose!